Re: Make Kwallet behave ?

Am Freitag, 2. September 2022 schrieb J Leslie Turriff:
> 2)      will that somehow remember the order for starting the
> applications at the next login?

I don't know.

> I see also that in Service Manager, the KDE Wallet Daemon Module is
> in the Load-on-Demand Services list (the last entry), and
>
> |       "This is a list of available TDE services that will be
> | started on demand. They are only listed for convenience, as you
> | cannot manipulate these services."
>
> which makes me wonder about the starup order.

Well, that's fine, I guess. Kwallet needs to be started on demand when
another application requires a saved password. I think if
you "activate" kwallet in its settings dialog it will be running
anyway, not only on demand. That is how I use it.

If kwallet sits in systray (is already running) and you save that
session it will be started at session start-up time so it's already
there when i.e. kmail needs passwords to retrieve mail etc.

I remember to also have had kmail saved in a session and can't remember
any problems related to kmail/kwallet so I think the system is smart
enough to start kwallet before kmail when both are lauched from a saved
session start up (but I can't confirm that technically by reading the
source…)

HTH

Kind regards,
Stefan