Re: Mirror in Canada

Dne pá 1. října 2021 04:47:37 Michael Manley via tde-devels napsal(a):
> Hello Guys,
>
> Currious to if there is any mirror in the Canada region. I am willing to
> host a mirror on my dedicated server hosted in Beauharnois, Quebec
> since I was already hosting Arch packages.
>
> Thanks,
> Michael Manley

Hi Michael,

it's great if you can and want to provide mirror!
Here are some basic information:

+ For a complete mirror, it is necessary to count on a capacity of at least
400 GIB. This can increase in the future when support for new
distributions is added and the new series is released (as R14.1.x).

+ The mirror system is set so that only the primary mirror is synchronized
from the primary archive, and subsequently other mirrors are synchronized
from this primary mirror.

+ You can set up a new mirror by synchronizing regularly using RSync from
the primary mirror. The tde-archive-mirror script listed below can serve
as an example.

+ Once Mirror is available, we add it to a list of mirrors that uses the
main redirector when users access packages. See
http://www.trinitydesktop.org/mirrorstatus.php

Cheers
--
Slávek

--tde-archive-mirror--

#!/bin/sh

if ! dotlockfile -l -p /var/lock/$(basename "$0"); then
    echo "TDE Archive mirror synchronization is currently underway"
    echo "If this is not the case, please remove the lockfile"
    echo "/var/lock/$(basename "$0")"
    exit 1
fi

(
  date "+[%Y.%m.%d %H:%M] Start"
  rsync -avHS --delete-delay --delay-updates \
    --temp-dir /srv/mirror/trinity-temp/ \
    rsync://tde-mirror.yosemite.net/trinity/ \
    /srv/mirror/trinity/
  date "+[%Y.%m.%d %H:%M] End"
) >>/var/log/$(basename "$0").log

dotlockfile -u /var/lock/$(basename "$0")