Re: [suse] trinity-tdelibs requires metapackage not required for working Xorg

Le 08/06/2021 à 01:13, Felix Miata a écrit :
Why? I don't remember previous releases requiring this clutter, or any of the rest
of the requires appearing in the console log attached:

# cat /usr/share/doc/packages/xorg-x11/README.meta
This package is a metapackage, created for compatibility.

Please use instead the following packages:

   appres bdftopcf beforelight bitmap editres fonttosfnt fslsfonts fstobdf
   iceauth ico lbxproxy listres luit mkcomposecache oclock
   proxymngr rendercheck rstart showfont smproxy
   viewres x11perf xbacklight xbiff xcalc xclipboard xclock xcmsdb
   xcompmgr xcursor-themes xcursorgen xdbedizzy xditview xdpyinfo
   xedit xev xeyes xf86dga xfd xfindproxy xfontsel xfs xfsinfo xfwp xgamma xgc
   xhost xinput xkbcomp xkbevd xkbprint xkbutils xkill xload xlogo
   xlsatoms xlsclients xlsfonts xmag xman xmessage xmh xmore
   xorg-scripts xplsprinters xpr xprehashprinterlist xprop xrandr xrefresh
   xrestop xrx xscope xset xsetmode xsetpointer xsm xstdcmap xtrap
   xvidtune xvinfo xwd xwininfo xwud

Hello, do you have a suggestion on what we should do ?

Simply removing this dependency, or changing it to something else, e.g. 'xorg-x11-server' ?

Similarly, where in TDE/TDM does an installation with encryption neither used nor
installed need crytptsetup?

Cryptsetup is explicitely required by the 'tdebase-tdeio-plugins', I don't remember why.

This was probably required for HAL in TDE 3.5.13.

François