Re: hlSelection (Qt4) retrofitting into Kate3 ?

Anno domini 2021 Wed, 2 Jun 17:57:26 +0200
 robvand--- via tde-devels scripsit:

> Hi,
>
> Any plans to retrofit Kate-trinity with hlSelection (first introduced in Qt4 I
> believe) ?
>
> Most modern (Geany and other Scintilla-based) programmer editors have
> this feature which highlights every occurrence in the text of a word being
> double-clicked.

Really double-clicking? No wonder I never found this. DrRacket has kind-of-this feature linked to mouseover: just move the mouse over a "word" and it shows where that "word" is comming from in the current languages context. Firefox highlights all found text from the search expression in the current document (if you are lucky).

Don't know if that's possible in kate right now, but I could imagine that the highlighting part might be accomlished by dynamicly adding a hinghlighting rule to the current set of rules. Actually this sounds like a cool feature ... but who has the time to implement it? (I  know I don't have it ATM)

Nik