Re: Mageia 8 was officially released 26 February

On Wednesday 03 of March 2021 21:06:39 François Andriot via tde-devels wrote:
> Le 03/03/2021 à 14:07, gregory guy via tde-devels a écrit :
> > I'm not an RPM user (at least not for TDE) so I can't test, but looks
> > to me that the packages for Mageia8 are in the repo now (2021-Mar-02).
> >
> > Felix (or an other Mageia user reading this message) if you have some
> > spare time, would you mind updating the wiki with the last available
> > info?
> > https://wiki.trinitydesktop.org/Mageia_Trinity_Repository_Installation
> >_Instructions
> >
> > R14.0.6 vs R14.0.9, instructions for Mageai8, etc.
>
> Hello, since the packages have been mirrored, I've updated the wiki, as
> mentioned by Gregory.
>
> But then, I've found a problem while running the command on my
> computers.
>
> # urpmi.addmedia trinity
> http://mirror.ppa.trinitydesktop.org/trinity/rpm/mga8/trinity-r14/RPMS/x
>86_64 invalid MD5SUM file (downloaded from
> http://mirror.ppa.trinitydesktop.org/trinity/rpm/mga8/trinity-r14/RPMS/x
>86_64/media_info)
>
> # urpmi.addmedia trinity
> http://mirror.ppa.trinitydesktop.org/trinity/rpm/mga8/trinity-r14/RPMS/n
>oarch invalid MD5SUM file (downloaded from
> http://mirror.ppa.trinitydesktop.org/trinity/rpm/mga8/trinity-r14/RPMS/n
>oarch/media_info)
>
> Both files actually exist and are valid on the mirrors.
>
> I think something is wrong with the mirror redirection.
>
> The following curl command does not return anything:
> $ curl
> http://mirror.ppa.trinitydesktop.org/trinity/rpm/mga8/trinity-r14/RPMS/n
>oarch/media_info/MD5SUM

When you try

curl -I
http://mirror.ppa.trinitydesktop.org/trinity/rpm/mga8/trinity-r14/RPMS/noarch/media_info/MD5SUM

...you will see that the redirector response is redirection.
When you try to add a parameter to follow this redirection:

curl -L
http://mirror.ppa.trinitydesktop.org/trinity/rpm/mga8/trinity-r14/RPMS/noarch/media_info/MD5SUM

...you will see that curl will follow redirect and shows the expected data.
In other words, redirector does what he was designed - redirects the client's
request to a specific server.

> But the same url using wget works as expected:
> $ wget -q -O -
> http://mirror.ppa.trinitydesktop.org/trinity/rpm/mga8/trinity-r14/RPMS/n
>oarch/media_info/MD5SUM

Because wget this redirect follows automatically, it gives the data as you
expected.

> So; the workaround is to use wget with urpmi (e.g; use 'urpmi --wget'),
> but I did not have this problem with Mageia 7 ...
>
> I don't know if it's a problem with my internet connection, or if it
> happens to everyone using Mageia 8.

Is it possible that urmpi is not ready to follow the redirection?

> François

Cheers
--
Slávek