Re: Finding apps in gitea workspace…

On 2021/01/06 09:46 PM, Slávek Banko via tde-devels wrote:
On Wednesday 06 of January 2021 13:30:03 Stefan Krusche via tde-devels
wrote:
Dear developers,

every now and then I would like to add an issue in gitea workspace. But
I find it hard to find particular apps.

For example, I would like to add an issue for kweather (what I reported
earlier on tde-users) but when I enter "kweather" in the search field
it tells me that it didn't find any repositories.

What's the way to go from here? How could I find out in which of all
those sub repositories kweather resides?

To get more familiar with this gitea workspace probably would motivate
me to contribute to it more often. Any help appreciated. Thanks.

Kind regards,
Stefan

Hi Stefan,

Currently, integration is set up so that when an item from the Help menu is
used to report a bug and / or enhancement, it directs it to the
appropriate repository where to create the issue. Unfortunately, this
cannot be used for smaller applications and applets that do not have a
Help menu, such as kweather.

Here is a plan to make a wiki page with application information, which will
also contain information about the git repository, so that it is easily
accessible to users.

For kweather, TDE/tdetoys repository belong.

Cheers

Workaround for this type of problem for the time being:
1) open google
2) type "trinity desktop gitea kweather"
3) first link coming up here is "https://mirror.git.trinitydesktop.org/gitea/TDE/tdetoys"; which points you to the correct module.

I tried a couple of small apps, works fine :-)

Cheers
  Michele