TDE adding MTP support

Hi,
looking into how to add MTP some questions arise

1. Why is there the usb.ids file in
        core/tdebase/kcontrol/usbview/usb.ids
   Why is the file so outdated - actually has no revision, but compared to
        /var/lib/usbutils/usb.ids which is part of package usb.ids
   Why not using the officially maintained usb.ids file?

2. the USB ids are handled in tdelibs and tdebase. Adding MTP as separate
tdeio module would impact also these, or is there a better approach?

3. as I understand the TDE library classifies the device based on some
string in the usb.ids, but I am not exactly sure how it will classify one
device as Camera (PTP) and another as MTP.

Can someone elaborate on these questions please?