Re: pinentry-tqt

Dne Sunday 08 of November 2020 10:43:12 Slávek Banko via tde-devels
napsal(a):
> On Sunday 08 of November 2020 08:06:04 deloptes wrote:
> > Michele, Slavek,
> > was pinentry-tqt considered in some of the next releases or is it
> > already in?
> > I did not see it in the list 14.1, which I think would be the
> > appropriate.

> Hi Emanoil,
>
> first of all, thank you for your efforts regarding pinentry-tqt and
> upstream integration.
>
> Since TQt support is part of the upstream, it probably doesn't make
> sense here / it would be complicated to maintain our own git repository
> for pinentry as part of the TDE umbrella. Therefore, we will probably
> solve this so that pinentry specially compiled only to generate
> pinentry-tqt will be part of the extra-dependencies. Therefore, this is
> not currently apparent in the plan for R14.0.10 or R14.1.0. At the same
> time, as part of the extra-dependencies, there should be no problem to
> be added within the r14.0.x branch.
>
> I'm looking forward to being able to replace the other pinentry variants
> we have to use for now. So I will try to prepare the packages soon.
>
> Cheers

I did the preparation and the tests. Due to the dependencies required by
version 1.1.x (libassuan >= 2.1.0, libgpg-error >= 1.16), it is not
possible to build on older versions of distributions (Wheezy, Trusty),
which is not a major problem.

If you also want to test, you can see the pull request:

https://mirror.git.trinitydesktop.org/gitea/TDE/extra-dependencies/pulls/1

Cheers
--
Slávek