Re: addressbook diff tool

BorgLabs - Kate Draven wrote:

> kdiff / kdiff 3
>
> I'm sure there are more. Await the collective's reply!
>
> I think you will have to export the files and them compare that way.
>
> Kate

No, Kate, you can't use kdiff on such file. It is similar to using kdiff on
xml files. the addressbook file contains VCARD entries, so the tool should
examine/compare each VCARD entry against the one from the other file.
Consequently there could be exact match (for example entry was copied
manually and ID was preserved) or content match (ID is different, but
content the same - for example when you copy the addressee from one
addressbook into another within kontact it would generate a new ID )

The simple tool I wrote says both files have 277 entries from which 153 are
the same - which sounds reasonable to me, but if there is already such a
tool I would not spend time in this exercise.