Re: try harder update?

On Sun November 1 2020 21:00:39 Felix Miata wrote:
> > Also:
> >
> > Was that copied-pasted or hand-copied, because I think the character
> > after trinity should be an underline not a hyphen?
>
> That's from a 4 month old OP. I wouldn't have anything but a speculation
> that most likely it was C&P.
>
> It seems like you're missing the point of the thread. What's happening is
> that when I do an upgrade, 100% of the packages download, minus 1 random
> trinity package. Then apt quits with a message about not finding the random
> TDE package. I then repeat the previous command, and it (seems that it)
> finds that one package and completes the upgrade command (most of the
> time). Based on the apt-cache command output (candidate, not installed), it
> seems like it's not finding the package it's claiming to find on the second
> try.

Sorry Felix.  There's no way I can figure what happened to you four
months ago.

Since the problem is repeatable for you I would expect more people to
encounter it if it was a server or mirror problem.  It might be something
in your firewall or ISP or something else.  There are hundreds of
possibilities.  For example your ISP's DNS server may be rate limiting you.

As this happens to you regularly I suggest you make a packet capture
and try to determine from that the reason for the download failure.

--Mike