Re: Re: strange experience today needed udisk2

Michele Calgaro via trinity-devel wrote:

> TDE supports various option to mount disks (udisks, udisks2, udevil,
> pmount) and some of them requires DBus indeed. If you can't mount as a
> normal user, you probably need to check the options used in /etc/fstab and
> also your polkit settings.

Michele,
The problem was that in konqueror it did not give a meaningful message and
even I couldn't conclude what was wrong until I recalled that years ago I
was looking at polkit udisks2 settings. Then it lighted up. I checked and
udisks2 was not installed (might have been purged on a cleanup).
Installed and konqueror worked immediately.

It could be that we add some more meaningful message in the dialog. That's
all.

regards