Re: Re: how to control a process programmatically

Dr. Nikolaus Klepp wrote:

> What about using "pidof" inside a popen() call? If returns number ->
> program lives, if not, it's not running.

Yes it is also an idea - I was wondering if there is some TQt way.

I also noticed that if I start the program with --no-fork - I can start as
many instances as I want. If I do not use --no-fork it reports that it is
already running (so it behaves as expected). This is from the program
itself.

The other program that is supposed to start the program in question will
need perhaps the pidof or similar to check if the program is running.

I'll look forward thanks