Re: Re: Problem with starting arduino ide

MLR wrote:

> Thanks for the answer. You are right, it is a java program. But the
> arduino IDE works in a vanilla ubuntu 18.4 in VirtualBox. So I think it
> is a TDE problem.

I don't know about the logical implications you are applying to come to this
conclusion, but I would look in the script ./arduino (because it must be a
script that sets up the environment to run the java application below).

Those scripts usually check java version and/or set JAVA_PATH and
CLASS_PATH, so look in this direction.

Try following in konsole
        bash --login
        ./arduino

Last but not least, don't post in the devel list but move this conversation
to the user list.

regards