read device with TQt

Hi,
as I am advancing with TQt slowly, there are many things I want to know, so
I am wondering right now what is the convenient method of reading a device,
so that I can trigger somethin on events emitted by the device. I see there
are few classes based on TQIODevice, but which should I use. I am
interested in following:
http://jwhsmith.net/2015/02/manipulating-rfkill-using-devices-programmatically/

I am sure there is a good example somewhere and you know exactly where.

thanks in advance

regards