Re: Renaming and split in to official and extra

Mike Bird wrote:

> I disagree.  As do all my users.  TDE works great.  It works
> as they expect.  It works for getting work done.  That's what
> all my users want.  If they wanted to play with Plasma or
> themes or tweaks or other DEs or Factorio they could but they
> just want to get work done.  And for getting work done TDE
> works great.

+1 here - exactly my motivation - I turn the PC on and can work. I
configured it maybe 12y ago and managed to migrate to TDE - this was only
effort in configuration.
This is my motivation to use TDE - it is extremely reliable and also light
weight.

> Is TDE perfect?  No.  If you have suggestions for improvement
> why no post them for discussion?  Or if it takes you days to
> tweak TDE why not ask for help with *specific* issues rather
> than oddly claiming that the DE you choose to use is horrible?
> Or if PCLinuxOS really needs days of tweaks to get TDE working
> why not post information to help other PCLinuxOS users?

exactly

> Thank you KDE 3 devs and Tim and TDE devs all,

Amen