Re: [BUG] iscsi hangs during login attempt

Hello,

st 14. 9. 2022 v 20:00 odesílatel Paul Dagnelie <pcd@xxxxxxxxxxx> napsal:

> iscsit_cause_connection_reinstatement signals the rx and tx threads,
> and then waits for the conn_wait_comp completion, which is signalled
> in iscsit_close_connection. That appears to be called by the tx and rx
> threads when they exit.  After puzzling through the core for a bit, I
> found the kernel threads in question, and they appear to be calmly
> waiting in the normal blocking path waiting for IOs to come in for
> them to respond to. I would think that if they were in that state when
> the SIGINT came in they would have exited properly.

I received a few bug reports and crash dumps during the past months that
appear to be about  the same problem.
Our QA is able to reproduce it so I will test if it's really the same issue
and if your hypothesis is correct, I am going to try to come up with a patch.

Thanks,
Maurizio