LIO no memory buffer/cache used.

Hello,

For a test environment with an old server I created a storage bay using CentOS
7.9 and LIO.

I have some RAID5 Logical Volume exported using ISCSI LIO to some VMWare
servers.

The storage server have 32Go memory but no memory are used for the buffer/cache
I have more than 30Go free.

On the storage server when I start io's (dd) on a logical volume, I see the use
of the memory buffer/cache (buffer) increase.

On a LIO client (VM on a VMWare server) when I do io's, on the storage server no
memory buffer/cache are used.

This is not a problem with VMWare I have the same issue with a CentOS iSCSI
client.

This is like LIO bypass the buffer/cache, on the storage server I “loaded” a
Logical Volume in the buffer/cache (dd if=/dev/vg/lv of=/dev/null) and from the
LIO client when I read de Logical Volume (dd if=/dev/sdx of=/dev/null) all the
read io's come from the disk.

PS: I have and OpenMediaVault server with TGT for the iSCSI and Logical Volume
exported the buffer/cache (vmstat buff) is used.

Best regards.

Francis