Re: Unable to recover from DataOut timeout while in ERL=0

On Tue, Jul 26, 2022 at 7:13 AM Dmitry Bogdanov <d.bogdanov@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > Is this a bug that needs to be raised with VMware? Or is patching the
> > Linux Target driver really the way to go? I'm happy to put in a case
> > with VMware if that's desirable.
>
> Most likely such behavior of ESXi is allowed by RFC. Even linux
> iSCSI initiator side does the same - stops sending DataOut PDUs for the
> aborted command.

Ah, okay, makes sense.

> > > I may just send you a patch for a target that fixes the hanging. ESXi
> > > will reconnect to the target and will continue work with it without a
> > > reboot.
> > >

> > I got the patch - I had to tweak it a bit for the CentOS Stream 8
> > kernel I'm running against, but I've added it to the RPM and am
> > rebuilding the packages, now. Hopefully will get it tested in the next
> > couple of days.
>
> Did you managed to test the patch? Could you please give some feedback?

Not, yet - I have Secure Boot enabled on most of the systems where I'm
currently running it, so it makes compiling a custom kernel a bit more
difficult. I'll try turning secure boot off on one of those systems
and give it a shot, again. Hopefully have some news for you, soon.

-Nick