Re: [bug report] scsi: target: tcmu: Fix possible data corruption

To be honest, tcmu_blocks_release is not relevant for tcmu performance.
Therefore I think we should try to keep the code simple and easy to
understand.

So, it probably is the simplest and also best solution to switch to
xarray normal API. That would make tcmu_blocks_release look like
the following (untested) code:

static u32 tcmu_blocks_release(struct tcmu_dev *udev, unsigned long first,
                               unsigned long last)
{
	struct page *page;
	unsigned long dpi;
	u32 pages_freed = 0;

	first = first * udev->data_pages_per_blk;
	last = (last + 1) * udev->data_pages_per_blk - 1;
	xa_for_each_range(&udev->data_pages, dpi, page, first, last) {
		xa_erase(&udev->data_pages, dpi);
		lock_page(page);
		unlock_page(page);
		__free_page(page);
		pages_freed++;
	}

	atomic_sub(pages_freed, &global_page_count);

	return pages_freed;
}

Regards,
Bodo