Re: Connection errors with ISER IO

Hi All,
I observe connection errors almost immediately after I start iozone over iser
luns. Atached are the connection error and hung task traces on initator and
target respecively.
Interestingly, I see connection errors only if LUN size is less than 512MB.
In my case I could consistently reproduce the issue with 511MB LUN and 300MB
lun size. Connections errors are not seen if I create 512MB or greated LUN.

Can you share log output on the target to before hung tasks?

Further, after the connection errors, I noticed that the poll work queue is
stuck and never processes drain CQE resulting in hung tasks on the target side.

Is the drain CQE actually generated?

I tried changing the CQ poll workqueue to be UNBOUND but it did not fix the issue.

Here is what my test does:
Create 8 targets with 511MB lun each, login and format disks to ext3, mount the
disks and run iozone over them.
#iozone -a -I -+d -g 256m

Does it happen specifically with iozone? or can dd/fio also reproduce this issue? on which I/O pattern do you see the issue?

I am not sure how LUN size could cause the connection errors. I appreciate any
inputs on this.

I imagine that a single LUN is enough to reproduce the issue?

btw, I tried reproducing the issue with rxe (couldn't setup an iser
listener with siw) in 2 VMs on my laptop using lio to a file backend but
I cannot reproduce the issue..