Re: MaxTransferLength

Hello,

On Thu, May 24, 2018 at 08:46:46AM -0500, Bryant G. Ly wrote:

> The use of user:fbo is to emulate an optical device... So you would
> want to map an ISO9660 filesystem.
>
> In this case you would do:
>
> sudo targetcli /backstores/user:fbo create name=test_name
> cfgstring=/home/test/path.iso size=10000
>
> Then you would map this backstore device to a fabric lun. Afterwards,
> on the client VM you would see this as dev/sr0 when you boot up.

So I won't be able to solve my problem at all. I just read again what I
wrote in this thread and I think I was clear enough, tell me if I am
wrong. In my use case:

- Optical media (CD, DVD, BluRay) have to be served directly
- All commands related to optical drive authentication should be
  supported (and it works well with pscsi), it is needed to play
  protected content.

I still don't understand why this problenm can't be solved easily. AFAIK
maxtransferlength is negociated on login and seems to be
MIN(initiator,target)

Also, tell me if you think there's a better place to ask for help about
this case.

Nicolas