Re: Kernel crash with target-pending/for-next

On Tue, 2017-06-06 at 18:42 +0000, Bart Van Assche wrote:
> On Fri, 2017-06-02 at 21:19 -0700, Nicholas A. Bellinger wrote:
> > Can I have a look at the full debug with the missing
> > srpt_close_sessions() messages to see if it's being called twice for the
> > same se_session, and the code changes against v4.12-rc3 you're testing
> > with that account for the ~50 lines offset..?
>
> Hello Nic,
>
> I should have mentioned that I had also merged my branch with pending ib_srpt
> patches in the kernel tree that I used in my test. Since these patches are
> almost six months old, have not caused trouble before and are not related to
> session shutdown I don't think these patches are related to this crash. Anyway,
> I have attached these patches to this e-mail.
>
> It's probably easier for you if you can reproduce the reported crash yourself
> instead of having to rely on me for testing?

Heh, no.

You are the ib_srpt maintainer, so I'm going to rely on you exactly for
that.  :)

So I'd like to get to the bottom of this because:

1) The last patch didn't actually change any behavior.
2) HCH's change in v4.7+ to always drain every session by restarting the
list walk in target_shutdown_sessions() breaks the case where the
se_node_acl->queue_depth.

That said, I'd appreciate it if you could figure out why a patch that
doesn't actually change any behavior is causing this to appear.