Re: LIO Question

On 1/13/17 1:54 PM, Bart Van Assche wrote:

On Fri, 2017-01-13 at 13:46 -0600, Bryant G. Ly wrote:
Okay, say we write open stack code, to leave the lun unmapped for x
time... a user can still just do it manually, without knowing... I believe
if you run the create command without specifying the lun it'll just use
whatever is lowest number that is open?
Hello Bryant,

You are asking me how OpenStack is working. Sorry but I'm not familiar with
the OpenStack APIs.

Sorry, let me rephrase. We can write the open stack code to not re-use the lun immediately,
but that wont prevent someone from doing a manual mapping through targetcli.

A user can still choose to map and remap using the same lun id.

When you are on targetcli:

Say Lun 1, 2, 3 is used. If lun 2 is unmapped then you remap without specifying lun=x as a flag for
the next mapping it will just re-use lun = 2.

So I guess we'd also have to upstream code for targetcli to not re-use a lun... But it all
seems like a bandaid.

I guess the best result would be to implement NACA support into LIO.

-Bryant