Re: Changing displayed name of FC Targets?

On 03/16/2016 02:31 PM, Schlacta, Christ wrote:
I've used both SCST and Lio for my Fibre Channel target, and I'm
presently using lio only because it's a bit easier to manage server
side, but I'm missing a few features, primarily descriptive
identifiers on targets.
Windows displays the following descriptor for a target disk:

LIO-ORG FILEIO SCSI Disk Device

OneCommand Manager simply says
Vendor Name: LIO-ORG
Product ID: FILEIO
Revision: 4.0

So my question is 1.5-fold

1) Can I change these descriptors for LUNs/Targets?  SCST displayed
the backing device name.

2) If it's not yet implemented, Could you please make it possible in a
future release?  Seems a simple enough feature.  I'm using the
(tcm_)qla2xxx driver, fileio, and I've given my various backstores
descriptive names like izanami.games and izanami.boot.<distro>, etc,
to make the naming easier to remember, but as I someetimes forget
what's what, it'd be convenient to be able to look at the clieent side
and know which image on the server it corresponds to.

The backstore attribute "emulate_model_alias" needs to be set to 1 for each storage object (under /sys/config/kernel/target/core/<HBA>/<devname>/attrib/) and product ID will be set to the device name.

Regards -- Andy