Re: Performance issue with O_DIRECT

Update as promised:
I ran the same tests on 2 low end Centos 7.1 workstations with latest
updates applied.
I got exactly the same behaviour, increasing the iodepth has the same
effect as with previous tests.
Absolute values were about 5% lover, probably due to low end
integrated nics (RTL 8169).
Changing the mtu had no measurable effect.

At this point I think that we can safely rule out network as a problem.
I would be grateful if anyone can replicate my results on other distributions.
At this point I'm out of ideas, maybe running blktrace on server can
provide some pointers?

Any suggestions on how to proceed further ?

Dragan