Re: ESXi + LIO + Ceph RBD problem

On 08/19/2015 11:16 AM, Alex Gorbachev wrote:
> What is the difference, and is there willingness to allow LIO to be
> modified to work with this ESXi behavior?  Or should we ask Vmware to
> do something for ESXi to play better with LIO?  I cannot fix the code,
> but would be happy to be the voice of the issue via any available
> channels.

I think we want to:

1. Allow lio to do more than wait for a command during aborts. For lio
we will want to add callouts similar to how we can override
discard/unmap behavior.

2. In the block layer add callouts/cmds so that we can abort
requests/bios at the LLD level.

3. For rbd, we will implement support for #2. In ceph then we would need
to add code to be able to track down commands and kill them if we can or
at least figure out what is going on and log a message so we do not have
these mysterious hung commands.

I have been meaning to get to this, but as you have seen on the list I
have taken a couple wrong turns on the cluster support and am still
working on that.