Re: qla2xxx_npiv support (in targetcli)

On Mon, 2015-05-18 at 10:51 -0700, Christoph Hellwig wrote:
> On Thu, May 14, 2015 at 10:21:11AM +0200, Tomasz Charo??ski wrote:
> > First of your representation concept seems to be great. Each NPIV has an
> > option to set individual acls and luns, so it will be clear. In my
> > opinion, also there is no sense in treating qla2xxx_npiv as a separate
> > fabric, because it's served from the same driver (qla2xxx). NPIVs have
> > to have their physical parent; the first representation give us an
> > information about parent in more transparent way.
>
> FYI, this reminds me of the patch below I did a while ago that
> splits the configfs from the fabric ops to make this more clear.  I've
> rebased it to the latest target/for-next that works for me (without
> the RCU changes which will cause some very minor clashes).
>
> After that the next step might be to redo the configfs ops and
> move them into common code for both the FC and FC+NPIV cases.

I'm not crazy about splitting up target_core_fabric_ops back into
separate structures for fabric vs. configfs callbacks again.

What's in place for v4.2 with target_register_template() is nice and
simple, and breaking this out further for just the FC NPIV case doesn't
really justify the extra complexity.

--nab