rtslib co-installability

In an off-list email thread Jerome said:
Andy, on a semi-related topic (Christoph, now that you showed
interest I'll just keep you in the loop, tell me when you're bored
and I'll remove you ;-) ), my Debian maintainer put me down and I
need to host a repo for targetcli and do lots of packaging work.
This, among other things, includes a migration path (involving
transitional packages keeping lio-utils around to load legacy
configurations). I figured we could work on a common scenario that
would be similar to reduce the effort for RHEL/Fedora, to allow your
users to upgrade using the same principles. Of course this does not
solve the API changes, but moves us forward a bit. Also, what did you
ended up doing re. the name change so that we can install fb and
mainline in parallel for the transitional packages?

If you want to move forward on that last topic, we probably should
take that up on the ML in any case.

rtslib-fb is currently exported as "rtslib" and "rtslib_fb" (Python imports cannot include '-') with a warning if the "rtslib" import is used. Just changing the rtslib-fb packaging to remove the rtslib import should allow parallel installation of original rtslib and rtslib_fb.

This was first done in the January 2015 rtslib-fb release, v2.1.fb52, so I would hope any hypothetical direct users of python-rtslib on Fedora have gotten the hint by now.

BTW I recently found out rtslib-fb is pkged for Debian as well:

https://github.com/agrover/rtslib-fb/issues/59

so its maintainer, Thomas Goirand (CC'd), would be someone else to keep in the loop.

Regards -- Andy