Re: A Question about setting discovery_auth values

On Wed, 2014-09-17 at 14:01 -0600, Lee Duncan wrote:
> Hi Nicholas:
>

> Apologies for the top-post, but my current mail agent sucks. :)
>

> No problem on the delay.
>

> What about handling "NULL" and "" as meaning "clear the current value?
> I could supply a patch ...

While writing the earlier response, I was trying to remember why "" was
deemed insufficient in the first place for clearing the current value,
but alas the original reasoning escapes me atm.

It could very well have to do with some early user-space (eg: lio-utils)
during state re-creation had a distinction between an empty value and
explicitly clearing a value, but I still don't recall exactly why this
mattered.

That said, there was some reasoning behind this, and I'd like to
remember why first before making a change that could negatively effect
user-space.

--nab