Re: Can VPD Unit Serial Number be persistent?

Hi Lee,

Sorry for being slow on this, as mentioned there was the week-end but also some pretty hectic traveling for me as well these last days...

I think I was under the misconception that my versions of rtslib and
targetcli explicitly did not need lio-utils. But I'm seeing now that was
wrong and at the heart of my problem.

Yes, the 2.x series rely on lio-utils, and the 3.x rtslib has the new configuration system mentioned earlier by Andy, which replaces lio-utils altogether along with initscripts.

Sure enough, when I enable the lio-utils service (using systemd), the
WWN becomes persistent. This is of course become part of the service
starting includes running the initialization shell files in /etc/target.

Excellent, thanks for confirming this.

Best Regards,
--
Jerome