De: "Jerome Martin" <tramjoe.merin@xxxxxxxxx>
À: "Andy Grover" <agrover@xxxxxxxxxx>, pviltard@xxxxxxx, target-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Envoyé: Lundi 7 Juillet 2014 20:52:45
Objet: Re: Could not create NetworkPortal in configFS

On 07/07/2014 07:35 PM, Andy Grover wrote:
> The most recent version of targetcli-fb automatically creates a portal
> when the tpg is created, listening on all addresses (INADDR_ANY, equal
> to 0.0.0.0). If you want to only listen on a specific IP address, remove
> the 0.0.0.0 portal and then you can create one just for the specific IP
> address.

Just to clarify, this is a -fb specific behavior.

In the original targetcli codebase, we try to automatically bind the
portal to a single IP address, either the only non-RFC1918 IP we can
find, or the one that resolves the hostname if we can find it. To me,
this feels a little bit safer. Also, it is often more intuitive for the
user to see an actual IP address instead of 0.0.0.0 which semantics is
not always well understood.

However, we now allow manual creation of a 0.0.0.0 portal, in which case
the conflicts with existing portals addresses result in the same kind of
error message. I guess both fb and main targetcli should clarify this
instead of throwing a generic error. On my TODO for the next batch.