Re: [Open-FCoE] System crashes with increased drive count

On Tue, Jun 10, 2014 at 3:38 PM, Vasu Dev <vasu.dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Tue, 2014-06-10 at 09:46 -0700, Jun Wu wrote:
>> This a Supermicro chassis with redundant power supplies. We see the
>> same failures with both SSDs or HDDs.
>> The same tests pass with non-fcoe protocol, i.e. iSCSI or AoE.
>>

> Is iSCSI or AoE tests with same TCM core kernel with same target and
> host NICs/switch ?

We tested AoE with the same hardware/switch and test setup. AoE works
except that it is not enterprise protocol and it doesn't provide
performance. It doesn't use TCM.

> What NICs in your chassis? As I mentioned before that "DCB and PFC PAUSE
> typically used and required by fcoe", but you are using PAUSE and switch
> cannot be eliminated as you mentioned before, these could affect more to
> FCoE than other protocols, so can you ensure IO errors are not due to
> frames losses w/o DCB/PFC in your setup ?

The NIC is:
[root@poc1 log]# lspci | grep 82599
08:00.0 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation 82599ES 10-Gigabit
SFI/SFP+ Network Connection (rev 01)

The issue should not be caused by frame losses. The systems work fine
with other protocols.

> While possibly abort issues at target with zero timeout values but you
> could avoid them completely by increasing scsi timeout and disabling REC
> as discussed before.
>
> Please use inline response and avoid top posts.
>
> Thanks,
> Vasu

Is the following cmd_per_lun fcoe related? Its default value is 3. And
it doesn't allow me to change.
/sys/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:05.0/0000:08:00.0/net/p4p1/ctlr_2/host9/scsi_host/host9/cmd_per_lun

Nab,
Could you please send the patches you mentioned for me to test?

Thanks,
Jun