Re: iSCSI Expected Data Transfer Length for T10-PI

I have some trouble parsing you English/Question. I think the intent of SCSI PI was that wherever the PI exist it should be checked end-to-end and it may be checked in between.
A storage client (server) will have the PI appended in the memory when writing and reading and checking it. As the values are standardized storage may also check it both when reading and when writing but it should not change it. If by implicit you mean inclusive I assume iSCSI Expected data transfer length will take whatever is in the cdb.
Block transfer devices will likely add the PI length to the pure data length - i.e. inclusive. iSER may allow placing PI in diferent memory areas than the pure data but I think it has already provisions for that.

Regards,
Julo