Re: tcm_fc crash

On Wed, 2014-04-30 at 14:16 -0700, Jun Wu wrote:
> We are working on rebuilding the target to get rid of the (OF) flags.
>
> The example given on the open-fcoe.org website uses RHEL 6.1 which is
> based on 2.6.32 kernel. I would appreciate your recommendation of a
> stable Linux distribution release of 3.x kernel for FCoE vn2vn
> testing.
>
> Our configuration assumes a raw drive could be accessed by multiple
> initiators. Would that configuration work? Is multiple initiator
> supported by tcm_fc?

Yes, AFAICT the OOPsen you've reported thus far are both due to the
forced loading of target modules with symbol version mismatches against
the running kernel, that is a practice known to produce undefined
results.

As Rob mentioned, any distro released in the last year, or any upstream
stable kernel since >= v3.10.y is a good starting point for tcm_fc code.
>From what I can tell, both of the kernel versions that you've reported
problems with thus far both work fine, as long as your building the
target related modules in-tree.

--nab