Re: Target fails to identify invalid ITT in DataAck

Hi Nab,

On Friday 18 April 2014 04:41 AM, Nicholas A. Bellinger wrote:
On Thu, 2014-04-10 at 15:44 +0530, santosh kulkarni wrote:
Hi ,

I see that the target is not throwing any error message (in dmesg) or
sending a Reject PDU when a DataAck Snack with invalid Initiator Task
Tag is sent out,
where i am sending a DataAck Snack for Data-In PDU with ITT not set to
reserved value 0xffffffff.

RFC States

10.16.4.  Initiator Task Tag

     For Status SNACK and DataACK, the Initiator Task Tag MUST be set to
     the reserved value 0xffffffff.

Is this the default behavior.

I don't think this MUST warrants an explicit REJECT on the target side,
considering that the Initiator Task Tag field is unused in both Status +
DataACK SNACKs.

--nab
Under Section

10.17.1.  Reason

   |  Code|    Explanation                         | Can the original   |
| (hex) | | PDU be re-sent? |
+------+----------------------------------------+------------------+
| | | |
   | 0x09 | Invalid PDU field                      | no   (Note 2)    |

Note 2: A target should use this reason code for all invalid values
   of PDU fields that are meant to describe a task,  a response, or a
   data transfer.  Some examples are invalid TTT/ITT, buffer offset, LUN
   qualifying a TTT, and an invalid sequence number in a SNACK.
   All other values for Reason are reserved.

But here in the above reason section it uses "should use" the above reason code. An invalid ITT amounts for an Explicit reject with the above reject reason code.
I guess it is up-to the implementer.I hope i understood it right.
Thanks for the clarification.

Regards
Santosh