Re: Invalid Key transmit from Initiator to target

On Wed, 2013-11-13 at 17:07 +0530, Sumeet Gandhare wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am attempting to transmit a login request with invalid key  from
> initiator to target.  This is done as part of ISCSI Protocol Conformance
> testing.
>
> TargetAlias="My LIO Target"
> TargetportalGroupTag=1
> TargetAddress="10.0.0.15:3260"
>
> Since these keys are invalid, I am expecting the target to send reject
> or reject with disconnect.

Not sure that I agree with that assumption.  Care to provide a pointer
in the spec where it describes this as a requirement..?

> The 'dmesg' output i have provided shows that the target treats this as
> "protocol error'.

Apparently not, the 'protocol error' message is just printk() output.

> However, the target is sending out key/value pair with "NotUnderstood"
> string.  Are we looking at an error with LIO?

According to section 5.2 Text Mode Negotiation:

   Any key not understood by the acceptor may be ignored by the acceptor
   without affecting the basic function.  However, the answer for a key
   not understood MUST be key=NotUnderstood.

> Or this is how LIO behaves.Please comment.

Care to explain why the NotUnderstood 'MUST' above does not apply
here..?

--nab