Re: LIO FC Target

Hi David,

On Thu, 2013-08-29 at 08:14 +0000, CAD wrote:
> Hi.
>
> First, sorry for the previous empty email...
>
> Yesterday we finally got some time to do some tests, and after
> downloading, patching, compiling and installing the latest kernel
> (2.11-rc7) the MPIO worked like a charm on Windows 2012.
>
> Finally the disk worked as expected, and the system shows only one disk with MPIO:
>
>         C:\Users\Administrator>mpclaim -e
>         "Target H/W Identifier   "   Bus Type     MPIO-ed      ALUA Support
>         -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>         "LIO-ORG disco1          "   Fibre        YES          Implicit and Explicit
>
>         C:\Users\Administrator>mpclaim -s -d
>         For more information about a particular disk, use 'mpclaim -s -d #' where # is the MPIO disk number.
>         MPIO Disk    System Disk  LB Policy    DSM Name
>         -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>         MPIO Disk0   Disk 1       RRWS         Microsoft DSM
>
> As you can see, now the "Target H/W Identifier" shows a value that
> Windows understands correctly.
>
> Thanks for your support.

Thanks for confirming the fix resolves your issue with Windows 2012
multipath.

A PULL request to Linus (CC'ed) to include this patch for v3.11 has been
sent here:

[GIT PULL] target fixes for v3.11

but as of this evening it's not been pulled yet..

Also, I'll be sending this patch to Greg-KH for stable inclusion
separately once it's merged into mainline.

Thanks again for your thorough bug report!

--nab