Re: Queries regarding iSCSI-lio

On Tue, 2013-08-13 at 09:00 -0600, Kumar, Ranjan RK wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am new to this community and I am not sure if this is the correct
> forum to post this issue, I am trying to replace my older  iSCSI stack
> using LIO.
>
> However I am facing some limitations in LIO
>
> Is it possible in LIO to configure multiple CHAP users for a single
> iSCSI Target? my previous stack did this and I am finding it difficult
> to migrate.

Yes, each NodeACL can have it's own CHAP credentials, see

http://www.linux-iscsi.org/wiki/ISCSI#CHAP_Initiator_Authentication

As for the per TPG authentication that was recently added in v3.11-rc1
code, this is currently limited to a single set of CHAP credentials.

> Also is it possible to disable initiator masking so that any initiator
> can connect to my Lun, I guess there should be some default initiator
> wild character name to do so. however so for I have little success
> with that.

Yes, see http://www.linux-iscsi.org/wiki/ISCSI#Demo_mode

--nab