Re: FCoE Target naming - help

On Wed, Jul 24, 2013 at 8:11 AM, Tomas Molota
<tomas.molota@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello, iam trying to use LIO as FCoE ALUA target and i have problem with
> naming
> which LIO shows to initiators. What i see:
> Vendor ID : LIO-ORG_
> Product ID: IBLOCK__________
> And our system has problem with "_" which are not allowed as name of storage
> and its shows me error with this
> LUN as not supported device. Is it possible somehow to change this option?

Do you mean spaces where you write "_"?  What do mean by "show to
initiators"?  If you mean the data in the INQUIRY response, then
that's what the SCSI spec mandates.  In SPC-4, for example, the vendor
field is specified as:

"The T10 VENDOR IDENTIFICATION field contains eight bytes of
left-aligned ASCII data (see 4.3.1) identifying the
vendor of the logical unit."

where 4.3.1 says:

"ASCII data fields described as being left-aligned shall have any
unused bytes at the end of the field (i.e.,
highest offset) and the unused bytes shall be filled with ASCII space
characters (20h)."

Similarly for the product id fields.

so according to the SCSI standards, padding those fields with spaces
is required.

What is you system that doesn't accept that?

In any case if you want to experiment it is pretty easy to edit the
source to change those strings.

 - R.