Re: running discovery over iser session/connection

On 06/13/2013 08:43 AM, Or Gerlitz wrote:

> I see now that at the initiator, for some reason
> MaxXmitDataSegmentLength is 0 for iser nodes,
> I am not sure how, but this doesn't seemto be an issue for non-discovery
> sessions conducted
> over iser with both LIO and TGT, any idea how to change that for discovery?

I'm not sure what you are asking. Does this snippet from the iscsid.conf
answer your question for why it works:

# The value is the number of bytes in the range of 512 to (2^24-1).
# Zero is a special case. If set to zero, the initiator will use
# the target's MaxRecvDataSegmentLength for the MaxXmitDataSegmentLength.
# The default is 0.

If you want a specific value for normal you use you set it like you
would other discovery settings. Either set it in iscsid.conf or for a
specific discovery record do:

iscsiadm -m discoverydb -p ip_of_disc_portal -o update -n
node.conn[0].iscsi.MaxXmitDataSegmentLength -v yourval

If for iser you want a hard coded value that will override user settings
you set that in the usr/iser.c file. You would do this when your
driver/hw has specific limits that need to be obeyed.