Re: Problems with multipathing between VMWare ESXi and LIO

Hello Nicholas,

> The following config under Debian wheezy and VMware ESX allows you to
> have two network cards in the same vlan/subnet and also avoids
> asymmetric routing by using policy based routing and the arp filter on
> Linux and VMkernel Port Bindings on ESX. I use it in production.

after taking the time to build a proof of concept and writing the e-mail
you got me thinking. And yes the PBR part on Linux is very complex. And
in the end complexity kills you. So probably using two VLANs, two
subnets, one vmkernel port and portal in each makes things much, much
easier and it just scales as well as the example I presented in my
previous e-mail. However the approach I followed is VMware's best
practice and I have doing it at dozens of customer locations that way
and also teached it that way when working with proprietary iSCSI
solutions for a very long time. But maybe it is time to at least present
the solution with different vlans/subents to my customers. Thank you for
that and of course for this perfectly performing iSCSI target.

Cheers,
        Thomas