Building a scale out SAN

Hi guys,

I'm used with iSCSI, actually using Equallogic arrays and with Linux and systems administration, because that's my job.

I feel very excited about the SCSI target feature you develop.

I'd like to try to build a scale out SAN with LIO. I've read a lot about it, but every configuration I got on the internet was single node, or active/passive configuration with DRBD.

Here is the plan :
-using a SAN as backend storage. This SAN will be composed of SAS arrays connected to a SAS switch fabric.
-using several target nodes connected to the SAN
-having LVM on top of RAID devices
-exporting LVM devices as iSCSI targets
-using dm-multipath on the clients to access the targets in an active/active way

I've been looking to http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/scst/index.php?title=SCST,_DRBD_and_Dual_Primary_Mode, and this looks like what I wanna try : shared storage as backend(DRBD in this example), write-through (consistency), and keep away initiators that use SCSI reservation as this cannot be shared among nodes.

I have a lot of question about that :
-to use LVM on several node, I'll be using CLVM (I've been playing with GFS2, so I know it a little bit). One problem I see is snapshots. As far as I know, CLVM does not support snapshots. Has it changed, is it planned, or if not, how do I make snapshots ?
-can I safely have my target nodes access the shared storage in an active/active way ? I'd like to use FILEIO mode to benefit from kernel page cache, can I (I'm thinking about consistency issues) or am I stuck to BLOCKIO or I cannot do anything of that ?
-It seems if that if possible, I'll still get SCSI reservation issue between the nodes (because they are not cluster aware). Is it planned to provide target clustering?

Every help/comment will be welcomed.

Regards

believed to be clean.