Re: "Enclosure" serial numbers for veritas

Hi Nicholas!

On 31.05.2012 04:47, Nicholas A. Bellinger wrote:
On Wed, 2012-05-30 at 15:37 +0200, Florian Heigl wrote:
I noticed that when I add two LIO based iSCSI storages to a Linux box running Veritas volume manager that it will think all LIO targets are
"the same" enclosure.

An enclosure is detected by the multipath drivers in VxVM. I think they
use some sort of scsi serial number or something to identify that.
(I know there's API drivers that are "certified" but thats for extra
features)

Thanks for reporting the issue with Vertias VxVM.

So, anyway.
I would have thought the "array" presented by system "Sechs" should end
up with a different name than the "array" presented by my laptop.

Can you please share the top-level rtsadmin/targetcli shell output of
your setup to give an idea of how things are currently configured..?

Rationale & Steps:
------------------
I needed to provide storage for a lab and used LIO on Fedora 16 for that.

OK, you'll want to make sure to use at least 3.2.18 or 3.3.7 stable
kernels on FC16.

Thanks for the very informative reply.
(Especially the hints to where in configfs I need to look :)

I still have the systems around for another week and will try to work through it in that time.

Florian

--
Mathias Kettner GmbH  |  \/  | |/ /   M A T H I A S   K E T T N E R
Florian Heigl         | |\/| | ' /