From: Nicholas A. Bellinger <nab@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: jrepac@xxxxxxxxx
Cc: "target-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <target-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, April 21, 2012 1:59 AM
Subject: Re: Data Digest Errors - Good News

On Fri, 2012-04-20 at 08:52 -0700, jrepac@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Hi Nicholas,
> I pulled kernel 3.4-rc3 yesterday to see if the digest errors with
> Windows format were still there.  They are gone.  I think something
> got fixed in the data path since there did not appear to be a problem
> with the CRC32C logic.  The original problem occurred about 2-3
> seconds into the sequence of writes for the format and after the first
> failing write, all subsequent writes would fail.  Writes would work
> again if the format was restarted until the first digest error.

Mmmm, very strange..  I can't think of what change currently in mainline
v3.4-rc3 that would be effecting iscsi_target_mod in this fashion..?

Could it be possible that the culprit is something outside of
drivers/target/ code..?  Are you still able to reproduce with the same
hardware and current lio-core.git HEAD @ 3.4-rc2..?

> Is fixing SendTargets still on your list?

I'll be AFK most of next week, but promise to get back to this soon..

--nab