Re: Kernel Oops while closing iSCSI connection [transport_free_dev_tasks]

On Sat, 2012-03-31 at 21:49 +0200, Henning Becker wrote:
> Hello,
> I'm using LIO iSCSI target on top of a pacemaker cluster, to provide a
> redundant replicated storage.
>
> I randomly get Kernel Oops in transport_free_dev_tasks, while moving the
> target from one node to the other.
>
> Kernel log says the following (Kernel 3.3.0-rc6): http://pastebin.com/tvm3tK7Z
> Another log (Kernel 3.2.0): http://pastebin.com/wMNER3We
>
> Distribution is Debian and it seems only to happen, if there is an iscsi
> connection.
>
> Any hints?

Hello Henning,

It would be helpful to know a bit more about the target configuration
that is triggering this bug, and what the cluster resource callbacks are
being invoked to individual /sys/kernel/config/target/iscsi/ endpoint
shutdown to perform the move..

I can think of one recent change for iscsi-target wrt to session
referencing counting that could be causing this type of regression in
lio-core.git HEAD and mainline v3.4-rc1, but I don't see how it would
effect v3.2.x stable code..

Is there anything else special about the work-load and/or configuration
required to trigger this bug you've noticed during in your testing..?

Thanks,

--nab