Re: Branch to use for most current Qlogic target code.

On 14/02/2012 6:28 AM, Nicholas A. Bellinger wrote:
> Hi Jim,
>
> So with the patches from this morning to add support for TMR_ABORT_TASK,
> I'd like you to try re-testing with ESXv5 client.
>
> At this point I'm pretty sure the reason you are seeing ABORT_TASK is
> because your backend device is taking a long time (> 30 secs) to return
> outstanding I/O, causing SCSI timeouts on the FC initiator to fire..
>
> In this scenario the explicit TMR_ABORT_TASK will wait for the
> outstanding I/O descriptor in question to complete, before returning the
> referenced tag with SAM_STAT_TASK_ABORTED, and completing TMR_ABORT_TASK
> with TMR_FUNCTION_COMPLETE.
>
> I've just pushed this series for testing into lio-core.git/master, so
> please go ahead and pull at your earliest convience and retest with the
> following master HEAD:
>
> commit c851cb5a4043e11ae7844dc8a01d4787a4cc9573
> Author: Nicholas Bellinger <nab@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Date:   Mon Feb 13 01:26:48 2012 -0800
>
>     qla_target/tcm_qla2xxx: Fix TMR_ABORT_TASK with target mode usage
>
> Also, I've added some debug code, so you should not have to run with
> 'modprobe qla2xxx ql2xextended_error_logging=0xffffff' anymore.
>
> Thanks!
>
> --nab

Thanks Nicholas.

I'm building the new kernel as I type this and will install it the first chance I get.

I'm not sure why my system might be taking a long time to return outstanding I/O.
It is using a 3ware 9650SE RAID controller with the StorSave policy set to 'performance' with read cache off and write cache on.
It uses a RAID-1 array for the operating system.
It has a RAID-10 array made up of 8x 750GB 7200rpm SATA disks that are used exclusively by LIO.
It's not enterprise class disk, but I wouldn't expect it to be too slow...

Regards,