Re: Data Digest Errors

On Mon, 2012-02-13 at 13:24 -0800, jrepac@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Hi Nicholas,
> I found a backdoor on the initiator to limit outstanding commands per
> session to one.  This did not make the data digest error mis-detection
> problem go away.  However, I was able to rule out the multiple
> outstanding "writes" as a possible contributor to the problem.  It
> also simplified the trace.

Hi Joe,

Ok, thanks for identifying that the issue does not appear to be related
to CmdSN window depth.

> I a not sure where to proceed further on this.  Do you want me to send
> you the latest Wireshark trace and /ver/log/messages?

Sure, please go ahead and send those to me off-list.

So I'm now thinking to zero in what values are negotiated during iSCSI
login with Emulex HBA offload for InitialR2T, ImmediateData,
FirstBurstLength,  MaxBurstLength and MaxRecvDataSegmentLength keys to
determine if these are some how different between software iSCSI and
emulex offload, or if forcing different values has some effect on the
target-side data-digest failures you've been encountering.

Out of curiosity, have you also been able to reproduce an simular issue
using Emulex HBA offload for iSCSI with Linux as well..?

--nab