Re: 1394 sbp-2 target mode

On 01/02/2012 19:58, Andy Grover wrote:
On 02/01/2012 11:40 AM, Chris Boot wrote:
On 01/02/2012 19:32, Andy Grover wrote:
You said a few months ago you may be working on this?

Let me know if I can help test :)

Regards -- Andy

Andy,

Yes I have been working on this on and off, but not for a while. Not
being the world's biggest expert on kernel programming I bit off more
than I could chew! I've been meaning to pick it up again now that the
USB gadget target driver exists.

I would really appreciate some help to get this going again, to be
honest. Is there a good way to get some collaboration going on this?

clone this:

git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/nab/lio-core.git

this has usb-gadget fabric applied, so you can reference it.

hack on it, and post a dev repo somewhere like github?

Regards -- Andy

Andy,

I've dusted off my code a bit and compile-tested it (only) so far. I thought I'd push what I have into github so you can take an early look while I start setting up my testing rig again.

The code as it is now is at:
git://github.com/bootc/Linux-SBP-2-Target.git
https://github.com/bootc/Linux-SBP-2-Target

I know my locking leaves something to be desired and I'm sure I'm using atomics wrong, and I'm sure you'll tell me a lot more is wrong too! :-) But I'd like to hear all of your comments.

PS: if you try to actually use it, you have to blacklist the firewire-sbp2 module or bad things will happen as it tries to connect to the target on the local node.

Cheers,
Chris

--
Chris Boot