Re: rtsadmin is now targetcli, new git repo.

On 09/21/2011 02:57 AM, Jerome Martin wrote:
>> Just having a debian/ dir, and packagename.spec in the toplevel
>> > directory seems a lot easier and allows dpkg-buildpackage and rpmbuild
>> > to just work.
> Well, I understand. This is what you would get from the extracted tree
> if I did put the rpm + debian packaging files in the tarball.
> But in the git repo, I need targets for many reasons specific to my
> build environment, among those build farm scripts expecting a uniform
> output location for the packages no matter on which system the build
> occurs, the versioning being templated with the actual version string
> as git tags, etc.

I'm almost done with configshell (Am getting clarifications on the
AGPL-3 for Debian).

You'd want to continue with your debian/ folder for many reasons.

* Maintaining your own debian/ build will help the users take the
tarball and build it on older systems too, like Lenny. Currently, for
compliance with dh_python2, my minimal build-depend has already bumped
to python(>= 2.6.6-3~)

--
Ritesh Raj Sarraf | http://people.debian.org/~rrs
Debian - The Universal Operating System