Re: rtsadmin documentation build

On Sun, Sep 18, 2011 at 04:07:02PM -0400, Christoph Hellwig wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 16, 2011 at 02:24:36PM -0700, Nicholas A. Bellinger wrote:
> > Ugh, the lio-utils.git that was pushed to www.risingtidesystems.com/git
> > was the wrong tree..  Please re-clone to get the proper tree, and from
> > there a 'make ; dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot' should generate a proper
> > lio-utils_4.1_$ARCH.deb package.
>
> It does.  But doing a plain dpkg-buildpackage which normally should work
> too fails with tie following error:

And then installing it fails badly.  It looks like one pilot errors is
that the initscrip assumes that configfs is mounted, which wasn't
the case.  The next issue seems to be assuming that all taget modules
are a) present and b) modular which also is wrong.  dpkg now complains
badly enough that I can't even remove or reinstall it anymore:

qemu1:~# dpkg -r lio-utils
dpkg: error processing lio-utils (--remove):
 Package is in a very bad inconsistent state - you should
  reinstall it before attempting a removal.
   lio-utils

qemu1:~# dpkg -i lio-utils_4.1_i386.deb
Selecting previously deselected package lio-utils.
(Reading database ... 63867 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to replace lio-utils 4.1 (using lio-utils_4.1_i386.deb) ...
Unloading fabric/configfs:   [OK]
Unloading target_core_mod/ConfigFS core: ERROR: Module
target_core_iblock does not exist in /proc/modules
ERROR: Module target_core_file does not exist in /proc/modules
ERROR: Module target_core_pscsi does not exist in /proc/modules
ERROR: Module target_core_stgt does not exist in /proc/modules
ERROR: Module target_core_mod does not exist in /proc/modules
Unable to rmmod target_core_mod
  [FAILED]: 1
invoke-rc.d: initscript target, action "stop" failed.
dpkg: warning: subprocess old pre-removal script returned error exit
status 1
dpkg - trying script from the new package instead ...
Unloading fabric/configfs:   [OK]
Unloading target_core_mod/ConfigFS core: ERROR: Module
target_core_iblock does not exist in /proc/modules
ERROR: Module target_core_file does not exist in /proc/modules
ERROR: Module target_core_pscsi does not exist in /proc/modules
ERROR: Module target_core_stgt does not exist in /proc/modules
ERROR: Module target_core_mod does not exist in /proc/modules
Unable to rmmod target_core_mod
  [FAILED]: 1
invoke-rc.d: initscript target, action "stop" failed.
dpkg: error processing lio-utils_4.1_i386.deb (--install):
 subprocess new pre-removal script returned error exit status 1
update-rc.d: warning: target start runlevel arguments (2 3 4 5) do not
match LSB Default-Start values (2 3 5)
Calling START /etc/init.d/target ERROR, target_core_mod/ConfigFS already
active
invoke-rc.d: initscript target, action "start" failed.
dpkg: error while cleaning up:
 lio-utils_4.1_i386.deb